Methodist Temple strives to be a safe, nonjudgmental community in Jesus' name. We live out this vision by nurturing life-giving connections, practicing generous givenness, and cultivating presence to the Presence of God.
Based on Governor Holcomb's recent mask mandate for the state of Indiana, masks will be REQUIRED when entering the building until further notice.
Plan of action for covid-19
We are currently meeting for in-person worship on Sunday mornings at
8:30 AM and 11:00 AM.
If you're joining us for the first time since the shutdown due to COVID-19, please check out our "What to Expect" video on our Messages & Media page for helpful information.
As of September 13, 2020, groups are welcome to meet in our facility, provided the guidelines in the detailed plan below are followed.
* Children's Church is now available during the 11:00 AM service only for children aged 3 - Pre-K. Kids MUST come masked and we will sanitize hands and social distance accordingly.
* Nursery care is available at 10:45 AM for the second service only for children aged 3 and under. Our staff will be taking extra precautions, including self-temperature checks, hand sanitizing and wearing masks.
* Sunday School: (Continuing through November) Sundays, 10:00 - 10:45 AM, In-Person; Outdoors (Courtyard); Weather-Permitting; Masks required until all are seated; Social distancing required.
* Youth Group: (Beginning Sunday, November 1) Sundays, 3:00 - 4:30 PM, In-Person; Outdoors (Home base: Courtyard); Weather-Permitting; Masks required unless all are seated; Social distancing required; Youth are expected to dress for the weather and bring their own lawn chair; If we are unable to meet in person, we will meet on Zoom at the same time
* Weather Restrictions: If the temperature falls below 50 degrees, or if it is raining/storming, we will not meet in-person while in the Orange classification.
This month's Family Worship Service will take place on Sunday, October 25 at 11:00 AM. The theme is "remembrance" and takes its cues from the Disney movie "Coco." The film follows a 12-year-old boy named Miguel who sets off a chain of events relating to a century-old mystery, leading to an extraordinary family reunion.
As part of this service, we'd like to present pictures of family and friends that we'd like to remember, whether they have passed, live far away, or are right next door. Send us your pictures by emailing them to Maggie Batson at email@example.com and we'll include them in the slide show.
Kids are welcome to come in costume!
In response to the COVID-19 virus and the shut-down it created, our pastors, Pastor Andy and Pastor JillAnn, began their mid-week podcast as a way to stay in touch with our Methodist Temple family and 'keep the conversation going,' so to speak. We hope you enjoy their podcasts!